Unique Student Identifier
All persons enrolling in nationally recognised or government funded training in all Australian educational bodies must now obtain and provide their Unique Student Identifier from http://www.usi.gov.au/. If you do not obtain a USI then you may not be able to receive your Qualification or Statement of Attainment until you can get a USI.
You may consent to allow Just Careers Training (the RTO, also trading as Licences 4 work) to try and obtain this number for you. You can download a copy of the consent form here. You are not required to consent. You may obtain the number yourself and provide it to the Training Company.
Unique Student Identifier Consent and Privacy Notice
If you do not already have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and you want Just Careers Training to apply for a USI to the Student Identifiers Registrar ("Registrar") on your behalf, we will need to provide to the Registrar the following items of personal information about you:
your name, including first or given name(s), middle name(s) and surname or family name as they appear in an identification document;
- your date of birth, as it appears, if shown, in the chosen document of identity;
- your city or town of birth;
- your country of birth;
- your gender; and
- your contact details.
When we apply for a USI on your behalf the Registrar will verify your identity. If you have documents such as a Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa, then the Registrar will do so through the Document Verification Service (DVS) managed by the Attorney-General's Department which is built into the USI online application process.
If you do not have a document suitable for the DVS and we are authorised to do so by the Registrar we may be able to verify your identity by other means. If you do not have any of the identity documents mentioned above, and we are not authorised by the Registrar to verify your identity by other means, we cannot apply for a USI on your behalf and you should contact the Student Identifiers Registrar.
The personal information about you that we provide to the Registrar, including your identity information, is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 Cth (Privacy Act). The collection, use and disclosure of your USI are protected by the SI Act.
If you ask Just Careers Training to make an application for your student identifier on your behalf, we will have to declare that we have complied with certain terms and conditions to be able to access the online student identifier portal and submit this application; including a declaration Just Careers Training has given you the following privacy notice:
You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide to us in connection with your application for a USI is collected by the Registrar for the purposes of:
- applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
- resolving problems with a USI; and
- creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts;
And that this may be disclosed to Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
- the purposes of administering and auditing Vocational Education and Training (VET), VET providers and VET programs;
- education related policy and research purposes; and
- to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
- VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
- VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
- current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
- schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses;
- the National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics;
- researchers for education and training related research purposes;
- any other person or agency that may be authorised or required by law to access the information;
- any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
- will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
Privacy policies and complaints