EWP (over 11 metres) High Risk Work licence Course
Terms and Conditions
- "If you have booked your course then you will have already accepted these terms and conditions"
- "If you book your course over the counter at one of our offices then you will be given these terms and conditions"
- "If you book over the phone, then you are required to visit our website for the full terms and conditions of your course. Should you disagree with these terms the you will have to contact us within 24 hours of you phone booking for a full refund."
- “We are not a Cricos Registered Provider and our courses are not Cricos Registered - if you are on a Student Visa you should not book this course.”
All students will require a USI in order to get their certificates on the day, this information has been sent to you and this only takes a few minutes. If you do not have a USI by the time you do your SafeWork NSW assessment then you will not receive your licence papers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensure you have booked into the correct course. Booking an Express Advanced or Advanced course when you should have booked a Standard course may result in other avoidable fees. Please read your terms and conditions carefully.
- Course bookings are nontransferable to another person nor are fees paid transferable to another course unless you have provided more than 7 days’ notice.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn at all times. If you arrive without enclosed shoes, you will be refused entry to your course. No refunds apply. If you can arrange for shoes before morning tea, then you will be allowed to continue.
- Payment of the $150 Booking Fee must be paid to secure your place. Please contact our office on 02 8292 0111 to pay your booking fee. The remainder of your fee is payable on the day (on day 1 before starting). Payment in full is also acceptable. Paying the Booking fee only is not available online.
- If you cancel with more than 7 days’ notice, then you may apply for a full refund.
- If you cancel with less than 7 days but with more than 72 hours’ notice, then you will lose $150 of any fee paid. You will be refunded any difference in fees.
- If you cancel with less than 72 hours than you will forfeit all payments made and no refunds will apply.
- If you do not turn up on the day then you will lose all fees paid. If you have paid your booking fee only then you will be sent an invoice for the remaining amount.
- If you reschedule with more than 7 days then there is no fee payable. This applies once only.
- For a second reschedule with more than 7 days notice a fee of $150 will apply. There can be no 3rd rescheduling - you will lose fees paid and have to make and pay for a new booking to attend.
- For your first booking - If you reschedule with less than 7 days notice but more than 72 hours, then there is a $150 rescheduling fee and all amounts owing must be paid at the time of rescheduling your course to secure your booking. No refunds will apply in this situation.
- If you reschedule with less than 72 hours notice, then there is a $250 rescheduling fee and all amounts owing must be paid at the time of rescheduling your course to secure your booking. No refunds will apply in this situation.
- If you are required to reschedule your course or a day in your course (not assessment - see below) due to illness, you must notify us on the day and a medical certificate must be supplied by the close of business on that day and a fee of $100 is payable in order to reschedule your course or the day that you have missed.
- If you are required to reschedule your course due to illness or any other reason (not assessment - see below), a new date must be booked in within 7 days of your original booking or you will lose all fees paid and will have to make a new booking.
- If you need to reschedule day 2, a $150 fee applies and must be paid in full prior to a date being assigned to you.
- The alternate Day must be rescheduled within 12 weeks from when you first commenced the course
Nonattendance / Lateness
- Other than the above, there are no refunds except in genuine emergencies. In this case, we may ask to see evidence before granting a refund. Decision will ultimately be made by management.
- In the event you are running more than 15 minutes late to your course, you will not be allowed to enter. No refunds shall apply. Further terms apply to your assessment day – see below.
Access of materials
- On confirmation of your booking, we will be providing you access to your pre course materials. ALL materials must be brought with you on the training days. If you fail to bring ALL documents with you, you can purchase these same materials at the cost of $10. Please follow the instructions in the online portal.
Course timings and duration
- Standard Day Course hours are 8:30am - approx 5:00pm and is run over 2 days then 1 separate day for assessment.
- Advanced Day Course hours are 8.30am – approx 4:00pm and is run over 1 training day and 1 separate day Assessment. Assessments are between 1/2 to a full day - see below for information. Assessment date based on availability and booked at the end of day 1 if training requirements met.
- Assessments start at 7:30am SHARP are between 1/2 to a full day - see below for information. Assessment date based on availability and booked on day 2 if training requirements met.
Course Option Information
- All Courses have a theory and practical Unit of Competency (UOC) assessment. You must successfully pass the UOC Assessments to be able to sit your final SafeWork NSW Assessment on Assessment day
- Assessment day does not fall on consecutive days after your booked training, rather is subject to availability and your readiness for assessment. Waiting periods may apply
- Assessment days commence at 7:30am and subject to availability. You may book in for your assessment after you have completed your training.
- Please choose your course option carefully - if you select the correct option then you have a better chance of passing first time and avoiding extra fees.
Pre- Course Requirements for Advanced Course Option
If you booked into the advanced course then you must ensure that your online quiz has been completed prior to commencing your onsite course, and that you meet the requirements of this course, otherwise you will be required to change to the standard course and pay a fee of $60 on arrival and before commencing your course.
Changing Course Options and Course Requirements
- You may change your Advanced course to Standard course by providing more than 72 hours (we have a messaging service), however will be required to pay the difference in fees. If this change requires that you come in on a different day then you will have to also pay a $50 reschedule fee.
- You may not change from Standard to Advanced course once your course has been booked.
Unit of Competency (UOC) Assessment Requirement
The course has two UOC Assessments. Meeting the requirements of the UOC Assessments means that you have a greater chance of passing your SafeWork NSW Assessment.
- Standard and Advanced Courses:
If you do not pass your Theory or Practical UOC Assessments at the end of your training session(s), you will not be permitted to sit your SafeWork NSW Assessment and you will be required to be reassessed or attend for a further day training depending on results attained. Results may require you to:
- Re-sit Theory UOC Assessment at a fee of $50
- Re-attempt Practical UOC Assessment at a fee of $100
- Further full day of training at a cost of $200 (weekday if original booking was for weekday). This fee includes any UOC Assessments
Other Important Information
- If you do not provide a valid USI you will not be permitted to undertake your SafeWork NSW assessment. Contact us for further information.
- If, at the completion of the training session(s) you feel you are not yet ready to sit for your SafeWork NSW Assessment, despite passing your UOC Assessments, you may choose to attend further day training at a cost of $200
- You may also request additional operating training at a fee of $100/half hour - subject to availability.
- Just Careers Training (trading as Licences 4 Work) reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, any fees paid will be refunded in full, or you may reschedule with no additional fees. In such cases, Just Careers Training's liability will be limited to the amount of fees paid only.
- Where you are entitled to a refund as per these terms, and where this has been approved, then you must complete a Request for Refund Form. You may request this form from any of our customer service staff. Refunds may take up to 14 days to appear in your account and will only be paid to the party that made the payment.
- Street parking only available at Kings Park premises. Parking within the unit complex is strictly off limits. If you park your vehicle within this unit complex, you run the risk of having your vehicle towed away. Any costs associated with this are payable by the vehicle owner/driver and will not be accepted by Licences 4 Work.
- If it is found that you are parked within the unit complex, you will be asked to move your vehicle and be removed from your course. No refunds or reschedules apply.
- Certificates and Statements of Attainment will not be issued until all fees owing are paid and we have the required information to issue a certificate, this includes the need to have a valid USI.
- All courses expire 6 months after the original commencement date. After this date, you will be required to recommence your course.
- Please see separate terms for the forklift assessment component of your course below.
SafeWork NSW Assessment Terms
Assessments are booked in only once you have met the requirements of the course including passing a Theory and Practical UOC Assessment. Regulations prescribe strict Identification Requirements and time limits.
- You will be provided availability of assessment dates when you finish your training days.
- Your first SafeWork NSW assessment must be booked in and attempted no longer than 6 weeks from your commencement of training date.
- The SafeWork NSW Assessment has a theory, calculation and a practical component.
- If you pass all components then you will get a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment. This serves as your interim licence and is valid for 60 days. You must then apply for you National Licence to perform High Risk Work at a Post Office – You will be required to pay a fee in order for SafeWork NSW to process your application and issue you with your photo card.
- If you do not pass all components, then you will have to be reassessed for the parts that you were deemed Not Yet Competent. In this case you will receive an Assessment Summary detailing your results. In this case you must re sit the assessment within 90 days.
- If you do not turn up then you will need to re-book for assessment for a fee of $240, this is payable before we can book your assessment.
- Once your assessment date has been confirmed, you will be able to reschedule your assessment at no cost (once only) and only when you provide our office more than 48 hours. Otherwise a rescheduling fee of $240 applies and must be paid prior to the new assessment date being confirmed.
- If you are required to reschedule your assessment date due to illness, a medical certificate with the date of illness must be supplied on the day of your assessment and a fee of $100 is payable to reschedule your assessment.
- Assessment commences at 7:30am sharp unless otherwise notified in writing, we strongly recommend you get here at least 10 minutes before this time as you will not be admitted in you are late. If you do not arrive at 7:30am to commence your assessment, you will be deemed as 'arrived late' and will not be allowed to sit your assessment. A reassessment fee of $240 applies
- If you do not bring your correct 100 points ID (in line with SafeWork NSW ID requirements) on your assessment date or if you do not dress appropriately (closed/covered shoes) you will not be allowed to sit your assessment and a $240 reassessment fee applies
Results and Time limits
- If you pass all components of your assessment then you will be issued with a NSA - this is your interim licence and you have 60 days to get to a post office and apply for your photo card licence (fees apply).
- If you fail your theory component ONLY then a fee of $160 applies for reassessment - your assessor will advise as to how you will be re-assessed. See information below about extra training if required.
- If you fail your practical component ONLY then a fee of $160 applies for reassessment - your assessor will advise as to how you will be re-assessed. See information below about extra training if required.
- If you fail your practical and theory (includes calculation) Components (or turn up with the wrong ID, or you turn up late, or if you are found cheating) then a fee of $240 applies for reassessment of both components. Reassessments fees must be paid at the time that you book your reassessment.
- If you are required to be reassessed (failed your SafeWork NSW assessment) then you must undertake your assessment within 90 days of your previous attempt, failure to do this will mean that you may have to undertake another round of Practice Tests (both theory and practical) at the fee detailed above or additional day training at the fee detailed above, followed by your Assessment at the applicable fee. This must be completed within your course enrolment which expires 6 months from your commencement. After this time, you will need to have make a new booking for training - a detailed training plan developed by your trainer based on your needs.
- If you have not passed your assessment within 6 months of the original course commencement then you will have to book in to do the course again and pay the required advertised fee.