First Aid Courses
Terms and Conditions
- “If you have booked your course then you will have already accepted these terms and conditions”
- “If you book your course over the counter at one of our offices then you will be given these terms and conditions”
- “If you book over the phone, then you are required to visit our website for the full terms and conditions of your course. Should you disagree with these terms then you will have to contact us within 24 hours of your phone booking for a full refund.”
- “We are not a Cricos Registered Provider and our courses are not Cricos Registered - if you are on a Student Visa you should not book this course.”
- This course involves the demonstration of the performance of CPR (resuscitation) on a mannequin requires that you to physically get down on the floor and perform CPR for a minimum of 2 minutes uninterrupted (as well as other practical activities) , If you believe you may be unable to demonstrate the physical skills and performance in line with course competencies, please contact us before booking this course.
All students will require a USI in order to get their certificates on the day, this information has been sent to you and this only takes a few minutes. You must have your USI by the end of the day / course in order to get your certificate.
Please ensure you have booked into the correct course. Booking a refresher course when you should have booked a Standard course may result in other avoidable fees. Please read your terms and conditions carefully.
- Please ensure you have booked into the correct course. Booking a refresher course when you should have booked a Standard course may result in other avoidable fees. Please read your terms and conditions carefully.
- If a booking is cancelled by you with more than 7 days notice we will refund any fees paid.
- If you cancel with less than 7 days notice then you will lose all fees paid.
- If you do not turn up on the day then you lose all fees paid, even if you contact us on the day as this falls outside the required notice periods.
- If you wish to reschedule with more than 7 days then there is no fee. This applies once only. For the second reschedule, a $50 reschedule fee applies. You may not reschedule a third time, you will lose all fees paid and will have to book again to do the course.
- If you wish to reschedule with less than 7 days but more than 48 hours notice then there is a $50 rescheduling fee and all other amounts must be paid to secure your booking.
- You cannot reschedule with less than 48 hours notice - you will lose any fees paid and have to rebook your course and pay all fees again.
- If you are required to reschedule your course due to illness, you must notified us on the day and a medical certificate must be supplied (dated on the day of illness) by the close of business on the following day and a fee of $25 is payable in order to reschedule your course.
- If you are required to reschedule your course due to illness or any other reason, a new date must be booked within 14 days of your original booking or you will lose all fees paid and will have to make a new booking.
- On confirmation of your booking, we will send you a confirmation of enrolment by email within 48 hours.
- All courses have a theory, practical and final assessment component.
- ALL our first aid course includes a pre-course online component (reading and short test) which must be completed prior to the day of your course (Face to face attendance or Webinar attendance) with a pass mark of 100% (you will have multiple attempts online). Log-in details for the reading and pre-test are included with your course confirmation email.
- It is imperative that you complete the pre-course work prior to commencement of your training and print & bring your results with you (for your face to face course or for your completion session for Webinars)
- If you do not complete the pre-course work you will need to Pay a $50 reschedule fee and re-book the course for the next available date
- Participants must arrive 15 minutes prior to the advertised/informed starting time.
- In the event you are running 15 minutes or later, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER there will be no refunds. You will have to book again.
- If you have booked a Refresher course and you do not have your certificate with you (if you have forgotten it), you will be required to do the Standard course and pay a fee of $20. You will ALSO have to complete the required quiz AND email a copy of your certificate within 24 hours. If you fail to do this, a fee of $50 will apply for reschedule and attendance to the full course.
- If you have booked the Advance incorrectly then you will NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE and will have to have your booking changed to the Standard Course for a fee of $50 AND complete the pre-attendance work prior to your new date.
- If you do not have the correct ID, you will not be admitted. A rescheduling fee of $50 applies. Please read the entry requirements carefully.
- If for any reason you do not finish your course or fail your assessment and are required to attend for further day (or part day) training, then a $50 fee will apply for that second day of training and every subsequent day. Your trainer will advise of what will be required for you to pass your course. You must complete your course within 1 month of your original booking.
- Just Careers Training (trading as Licences 4 Work) reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, any fees paid will be refunded in full, or you may reschedule with no additional fees. In such cases, Just Careers Training’s liability will be limited to the amount of fee.
- Certificates will not be issued until all fees owing are paid and the USI has been provided to the office or you have an official exemption.
- Parking within the unit complexes is strictly off limits. If you park your vehicle within this unit complex, you run the risk of having your vehicle towed away. Any costs associated with this are payable by the vehicle owner/driver and will not be accepted by Licences 4 Work. If it is found that you are parked within the unit complex, you will be asked to move your vehicle and be removed from your course. No refunds or reschedules apply.
Confirmation of Booking
- On confirmation of your booking, we will send you a confirmation by email, if you have not received a confirmation you will need to contact us on 8292 0111 (option 2)
- If you require additional training, then fees will apply. Refer to terms and conditions
Additional Terms for Webinar Delivery
These additional terms apply if you have booked in for our Webinar Mixed Mode First Aid Course.
In order to attain your certificate you will need to Satisfactorily complete the following;
- Complete any Online Pre-attendance work;
- Attend and participate in your scheduled webinar
- Complete all assessments and quizzes satisfactorily
- Attend for your scheduled Practical Completion Session (includes some further theory assessment)
You will have 90 days to complete all requirements of this course including: Participation in your scheduled webinar, completion of all online assessments and attendance for a final practical completion session. After this time, you will have to pay an extension fee of $50 that will allow for a further 30 days. This applies once only. After that you will need to re-enrol at the advertised fee.
Non Attendance / Participation in Webinar
If you are booked for a Webinar and you are not present at the scheduled start time, or you do not complete and submit your enrolment form by 9am, or if you do not participate for the entire Webinar (breaks are provided) then you will need to reschedule at a fee of $50. This is allowed only once; after that you will be required to rebook for your course at the advertised fee.
Completion/ Practical Session
You MUST NOT book your Completion / Practical Session until you have completed ALL assessments found online as instructed by your trainer. This is usually started and sometimes finished within the Webinar; however, your trainer will provide you with information about when you will undertake your online assessments.
You will not be allowed to participate in a Completion / Practical Session if you have not completed ALL assessments found online as instructed by your trainer. This is usually started and sometimes finished within the Webinar; however, your trainer will provide you with information about when you will undertake your online assessments and a fee of $50 will apply for rebooking of your Completion / Practical Session.
Results and Outcomes
In order to attain your certificate you will need to:
- Complete any Pre-attendance work satisfactorily (all correct)
- Attend and participate in your scheduled webinar – and attain a result of Satisfactory for this component;
- Complete all assessments and quizzes satisfactorily (that is defined as getting all questions correct) – and attain a result of Satisfactory for each these.
- Attend for your scheduled Practical Completion Session (includes some further theory assessment) and gain a result of Satisfactory for all assessments (demonstrating all required skills in line with requirements).
If you are booked for a Completion/ Practical Session and you do not complete all assessments Satisfactorily (this means meeting ALL requirements set out by your assessor), you will need to reschedule at a fee of $50. This is allowed only once; after that, you will be required to rebook for your course at the advertised fee and attend for both training followed by assessment (face to face or Webinar option)
We have an effective Appeals process should you disagree with your assessor’s judgement on your competency.