EWP (under 11 metres) – Scissor Lift and Boom Lift Course
Terms and Conditions
- "If you have booked your course then you will have already accepted these terms and conditions"
- "If you book your course over the counter at one of our offices then you will be given these terms and conditions"
- "If you book over the phone, then you are required to visit our website for the full terms and conditions of your course. Should you disagree with these terms the you will have to contact us within 24 hours of you phone booking for a full refund."
- “We are not a Cricos Registered Provider and our courses are not Cricos Registered - if you are on a Student Visa you should not book this course.”
All students will require a USI in order to get their certificates on the day, this information has been sent to you and this only takes a few minutes. If you do not have a USI by the time you do your assessment then you will not receive your licence papers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read your terms and conditions carefully.
- Course bookings are nontransferable to another person nor are fees paid transferable to another course unless you have provided more than 7 days’ notice.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn at all times. If you arrive without enclosed shoes, you will be refused entry to your course. No refunds apply. If you can arrange for shoes before morning tea, then you will be allowed to continue.
- Payment of the $150 Booking Fee must be paid to secure your place. Please contact our office on 02 8292 0111 to pay your booking fee. The remainder of your fee is payable on the day (on day 1 before starting). Payment in full is also acceptable. Paying the Booking fee only is not available online.
- If you cancel with more than 7 days’ notice, then you may apply for a full refund.
- If you cancel with less than 7 days but with more than 72 hours’ notice, then you will lose $150 of any fee paid. You will be refunded any difference in fees.
- If you cancel with less than 72 hours than you will forfeit all payments made and no refunds will apply.
- If you do not turn up on the day then you will lose all fees paid. If you have paid your booking fee only then you will be sent an invoice for the remaining amount.
- If you reschedule with more than 7 days then there is no fee payable. This applies once only.
- For a second reschedule with more than 7 days notice a fee of $150 will apply. There can be no 3rd rescheduling - you will lose fees paid and have to make and pay for a new booking to attend.
- For your first booking - If you reschedule with less than 7 days notice but more than 72 hours, then there is a $150 rescheduling fee and all amounts owing must be paid at the time of rescheduling your course to secure your booking. No refunds will apply in this situation.
- If you reschedule with less than 72 hours notice, then there is a $250 rescheduling fee and all amounts owing must be paid at the time of rescheduling your course to secure your booking. No refunds will apply in this situation.
- If you are required to reschedule your course or a day in your course (not assessment - see below) due to illness, you must notify us on the day and a medical certificate must be supplied by the close of business on that day and a fee of $100 is payable in order to reschedule your course or the day that you have missed.
- If you are required to reschedule your course due to illness or any other reason (not assessment - see below), a new date must be booked in within 7 days of your original booking or you will lose all fees paid and will have to make a new booking.
- If you need to reschedule day 2, a $150 fee applies and must be paid in full prior to a date being assigned to you.
- The alternate Day must be rescheduled within 12 weeks from when you first commenced the course
Nonattendance / Lateness / Expectations
- Other than the above, there are no refunds except in genuine emergencies. In this case, we may ask to see evidence before granting a refund. Decision will ultimately be made by management.
- In the event you are running more than 15 minutes late to your course, you will not be allowed to enter. No refunds shall apply.
- If you arrive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or you behave in a disruptive, dangerous or disrespectful manner then your course may be cancelled and you may be asked to leave the premises. Police will be contacted if required.
Access of materials
- On confirmation of your booking, we will be providing you access to your pre course materials. ALL materials must be brought with you on the training days. If you fail to bring ALL documents with you, you can purchase these same materials at the cost of $10. Please follow the instructions in the online portal.
Course timings and duration
- Standard Day Course hours are 8:30am - approx 5:00pm and is run over 1 day.
- All Courses have a theory and practical final Test component. You must successfully pass both in order to attain the competencies.
If you do not pass your Theory or Practical Tests at the end of your training session(s), you will be required to be reassessed or attend for a further day training depending on results attained. Results may require you to Re-sit your Test at a fee of $50
Other Important Information
- If, at the completion of the training session(s) you feel you require further training (theory and practical), despite passing your Tests, you may choose to attend further day training at a cost of $150
- You may also request additional operating training at a fee of $100/half hour - subject to availability.
- Just Careers Training (trading as Licences 4 Work) reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, any fees paid will be refunded in full, or you may reschedule with no additional fees. In such cases, Just Careers Training's liability will be limited to the amount of fees paid only.
- Where you are entitled to a refund as per these terms, and where this has been approved, then you must complete a Request for Refund Form. You may request this form from any of our customer service staff. Refunds may take up to 14 days to appear in your account and will only be paid to the party that made the payment.
- Street parking only is available at our training premises. Parking within the unit complex is strictly off limits. If you park your vehicle within this unit complex, you run the risk of having your vehicle towed away. Any costs associated with this are payable by the vehicle owner/driver and will not be accepted by Licences 4 Work
- If it is found that you are parked within the unit complex, you will be asked to move your vehicle and be removed from your course. No refunds or reschedules apply.
- Certificates and Statements of Attainment will not be issued until all fees owing are paid and we have the required information to issue a certificate, this includes the need to have a valid USI.
- All courses expire 6 months after the original commencement date. After this date, you will be required to recommence your course.