LICENCES 4 WORK - PLATINUM TRAFFIC CONTROL COMBO COURSE SUMMARY
This course is designed for you if:
- • You have never worked implementing Traffic Control Plans or as a Traffic Controller or you have never held a Blue/Yellow Card (we would call you a New Entrant) OR
- • You have worked or are currently working implementing Traffic Control Plans and as a Traffic Controller however you would like to undertake the course to refresh your knowledge and skills and/or to renew your qualification (we would call you an Existing Worker) OR
- • You have held a Blue and or Yellow Card previously, but these (or one of these) has expired or you have not worked in Traffic control in the last 6 months
In order to successfully complete this course, you will also need to:
- • Hold a current drivers license AND
- • Have average to above average reading, writing, speaking and understanding skills (level 2/3 – please contact us if you are unsure if you have the required Language Literacy and Numeracy Skills and/or require LLN support***) AND
- • Are prepared to do some online studying BEFORE you attend (this may take anywhere from 2 -6 hours depending on your Language Literacy and Numeracy skills level) AND
- • You have read, understood and accepted all of the course information, terms and conditions
This course is made up of 2 components – Traffic Controller and Implement Traffic Control Plans
Choose a site and make a booking. Contact us if you have any questions about this course.
Online or by contacting us on 82920111
Receive confirmation email
This is sent to you immediately once you have booked
Access your course online
You will get access to all the required reading course materials. You will find the course much easier if you read and try to understand the learning materials BEFORE you come in.
Attend for days 1 & 2 (8:30am until around 5pm)
This involves further theory training / assessment at our training centre as well as practical training at our purpose prepared Practical Training Site*.
Receive your Statement of Completion (SOC)
Once you have met all the training requirements you will receive your Statements of Completion (SOC's). This certificate allows you to immediately work in traffic control! SOC's are valid for 90 days
Book and undertake your Traffic Control Assessment
In order to receive your photo card (with 3-year expiry) from RMS for the Traffic Controller Component - you will need to undertake a Final Assessment within 90 days of the date of issue of your SOC.
This involves attending a real site (on a live road) arranged by us on an agreed date. Assessment takes between 3 – 6 hours. If you are an Existing Worker and your employer agrees to participate then Final Assessment may also be undertaken in your workplace
Gather Evidence from the Workplace of your competency for the Implement Traffic Control Plans component of your course
If you are currently employed and your supervisor agrees to participate then you will need to gather the required evidence of your competency in your workplace**. If you are not currently working in a suitable role, then you will need to participate in our Industry Placement Program (IPP) for the purpose of gaining the required skills and knowledge and demonstrating your competency**. Once you have gathered the required evidence you will have to undertake Final Assessment in a real workplace (again in your workplace if you are working in a suitable role or as part of the IPP). Final Assessment in your workplace is by arrangement and the permission and participation of your Supervisor / Manager. Please note: Evidence must be gathered and submitted within 90 days of the date of your SOC. In order to avoid additional fees, it would be wise to complete and submit this as soon as possible to ensure you can be also assessed within the 90-day period. Assessments are available by appointment and at times may take up to 30 days (usually 14 days) to arrange and complete.
Undertake Final Assessment for the Implement Traffic Control Plans component of your course
In order to receive your photo card (with 3-year expiry) from RMS for the Implement Traffic Control Plans you will need to undertake a Final Assessment.
For the Implement Traffic Control Plans component: If you are currently employed and your supervisor agrees to participate then you will be assessed in your workplace. This can only be arranged once you have met the minimum evidence gathering requirements.
If you are participating in our Industry Placement Program (IPP) for the purpose of gaining the required skills and knowledge and demonstrating your competency**. Once you have gathered the required evidence you will have to undertake Final Assessment in the real workplace.
Receive your photo card
In order to receive your photo card (with 3-year expiry) from RMS you will need to meet all course requirements including satisfactory performance during your Final Assessment, have paid all fees, provide us with a suitable photo and provide a valid USI.
*Practical training site is 5-10 minutes from training centre. You will have to arrange your own way to get there, our trainer may be able to assist – please enquire if required.
** Workplace evidence may be gathered from any suitable site in NSW. Final assessment can only be undertaken in the Sydney Metro area (please contact us for other options if your work is outside of the Sydney Metro). Minimum evidence requirements apply including:
- • 2 shifts implementing Traffic Control Plans (or equivalent including set up, monitoring and close down and all related tasks)
- • Copies of the TCP’s (or equivalent) implemented (at least 2) for the shifts
- • Any associated ROL's/ Permits,
- • Supervisor Verification (also required verbally after Final Assessment) and
- • Documentary evidence of participation in safety related meetings/ checks (SWMS sign offs, Pre-start, Risk Assessments, etc)
The evidence above can also be used as a guide as to what the assessor will expect to observe during Final Assessment. *** Participants of this program will need to have adequate Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills to be able to complete the program within the stated training duration. If you have any doubt about your Language, Literacy and Numeracy level and/or you are unsure about your support requirements then you must contact us before booking. We have a LLN assessment available (free access) to formally assess your needs.
The required level of LLN skills can best be described as average to above average. The training course and therefore work in this industry will require that you have adequate skills in each of the 5 core areas, including:
- • Learning
- • Reading
- • Writing
- • Oral Communication
- • Numeracy
In order to better understand the requirements of the course and the work please refer to the Information Brochures for the course which include the outcomes of the training and therefore the work requirements.