Terms and Conditions - (Traffic Control Course & Traffic Guidance Plan Implementer Course)
- If you have booked your course, then you will have already accepted these terms and condition.
- If you book your course over the counter at one of our offices, then you will be given these terms and conditions.
- If you book over the telephone, then you will receive the terms and conditions for your course in your confirmation email. Should you disagree with these terms then you will have to contact us within 24 hours of your phone booking for a full refund.
- If you have booked both (in a combo or separately) then these terms will apply for each course.
- Course bookings are non-transferable to another person nor are fee paid transferable to another course unless you have provided more than 7 day’s notice.
- “We are not a Cricos Registered Provider and our courses are not Cricos Registered - if you are on a Student Visa you should not book this course.”
Course Information Summary
- Each course has a Pre-Attendance, Attendance and Post-Attendance Final Assessment/Evidence requirement.
- Pre-attendance is made up reading and attempting to understand the learning resources for the course,
- Attendance is made up of training and assessment at our training centre and Practical Training Site
- for the Implement course - Post attendance is made up of evidence collection from a real workplace (you must source a workplace) followed by a Final Assessment in one of our real workplaces (by appointment)
- For the Traffic Controller Course - Post attendance is made up of Final Assessment in one of our real workplaces (by appointment)
- If you are applying for recertification – please also refer to information below under recertification
- Please ensure that you have read all the terms and conditions – you will also have to ensure that read and understand all information issued to you during your course.
- Training refers to your attendance at our training sites for the purpose of theory and practical training and some assessment (mainly theory)
- Evidence refers to documents that record your skills and knowledge and include work samples and testimonials
- Final Assessment refers to the last assessment conducted by our assessor at one of our sites (by appointment) in order to confirm competency.
- Final Assessment is conducted on a real worksite as arranged by us. Final Assessment may take up to a full day. Location and times of assessment are not available at time of booking – you will be advised during your course (this is the nature of Traffic Control)
- Waiting periods of up to 60 days may be applicable for Final Assessment, you will however receive a Statement of Completion (SOC) on completion of training which allows you to work immediately.
Start Times and Pre-attendance Requirements
ALL courses (training component) commence at 8:30am SHARP. If you are not at the training centre and presenting to reception (office) at 8:30am then you will be recorded as “no show” and your booking will be cancelled. There can be NO exceptions to this rule – you will have to rebook for your course and pay the full fee again. You will be advised about your assessment starting times and locations during your training course.
Participants are strongly urged to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the advertised/informed starting time. In the event you are running late, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER there will be no refunds. You will have to book again. Calling us in the morning to tell us that you will be late will not change these terms, except in extreme situations and by approval from management (traffic is NOT an extreme situation).
All courses have a pre-attendance component.
If you do not receive your login details, then IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT US AS PER YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL FIRST. NOT RECEIVING AN EMAIL IS NOT GROUNDS FOR A REFUND OR FREE RESCHEDULE.
- If you cannot access a computer, then please speak to us about print options BEFORE you book
- If you turn up to your course without your materials, then you may purchase these for a fee of $5 per course or $10 for two courses.
- In order to have a fair chance at completing this course your English reading, writing and speaking skills must be at least average or higher. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the minimum Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) requirements for this course before you book. We can assist you with this by providing you with a sample of the text or by providing you with a LLN assessment. Please contact us before you book. If you meet the minimum requirements but you have difficulty with English, then this course may take you longer than the nominal (usual) duration advertised and thus the course may be more expensive.
- The pre-attendance requirement includes the need to read and attempt to understand the learning resources provided on booking. If the resources are not read prior to attending, participants may find it difficult to keep up with the trainer who assumes that the participant has at least read this material.
Cancellations for training courses
- If a booking is cancelled by you with more than 7 days’ notice, we will refund any fees paid. Refunds may take up to 7days to process and then a few more days to appear in your account.
- If you cancel one of two courses booked as a combo then any eligible refund will be the total fee less the full fee of the course you want to attend (not the discounted combo course fee). If you cancel within 7 days then you will lose all fees paid.
- If you cancel within 7 days, then you will lose all fees paid.
- If you do not turn up on the day (or days for combo courses) then you lose all fees paid, even if you contact us on the day or the night before as this falls outside the required notice periods.
- Just Careers Training (trading as Licences 4 Work) reserves the right to cancel a courses (and assessments) due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, any fees paid will be refunded in full, or you may reschedule with no additional fees. In such cases, Just Careers Training’s liability will be limited to the amount of fee paid.
Reschedules for training courses
- If you wish to reschedule with more than 7 days’ notice, then there is no fee. This applies once only. For a second reschedule (with 7 days’ notice), a $100 reschedule fee applies. You may not reschedule a third time, you will lose all fees paid and have to pay the full course fee to book.
- If you wish to reschedule with less than 7 days but more than 72 hours’ notice, then there is a $50 rescheduling fee - this must be paid to secure your booking.
- You cannot reschedule with less than 72 hours’ notice - you will lose any fees paid and have to rebook your course and pay all fees again.
- Combo courses - You can reschedule day 2 after beginning day 1 for a fee of $100 if you notify us before the end of Day 1 (before 5:00pm)
- If you are required to reschedule your course due to illness, you must notify us on the day and a medical certificate must be supplied by the close of business on that day and a fee of $50 is payable for each course ($100 for combo if both days are to be rescheduled). There are no refunds applicable if you cancel due to illness (unless in extreme circumstances by approval of the management)
Confirmation of Booking
- On confirmation of your booking, we will send you a confirmation of enrolment by email. This (or a second email) will provide you information and access to our online portal where you can commence your course.
- If you do not receive your login details, then IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT US AS PER YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL FIRST. NOT RECEIVING AN EMAIL IS NOT GROUNDS FOR A REFUND OR FREE RESCHEDULE.
- Your course will be provided to you through our online learning management system that is compatible with the vast majority of systems. Please allow yourself time to complete the pre-attendance required study
- If you do not read the learning resources before attending, then you may find this course difficult to complete in the time allocated.
- If you require additional training, then fees will apply.
Training / Assessment Information, Certificates & RMS Photo Cards
Training / Assessment Information
- If for any reason you do not finish your course (your Attendance requirements) and are required to attend for further day training, then a $100 fee will apply for every extra day. You must complete your course within 6 months of your original booking. However please note that your course expires after 90 days unless you opt for an extension as per the terms below.
- Courses include completion of workbooks some theoretical assessment and practical training and assessment
Once you have met the theoretical and practical training requirements (including theoretical questions and practical training) you will be issued with the relevant Statement of Completion (SOC) valid for 90 days.
If you require further theory training (only) to attain your SOC a fee of $50 is applicable. If you require further practical training (only) then a fee of $50 applies. If you require both (full day) then a $100 fee applies as above.
Assessment for Traffic Controller Qualification
- Assessments are conducted throughout the course with a Final Assessment required after the training completion. Candidates will need to attend one of our real workplaces (by appointment – assessments are held up to 5 times a week in various locations across Sydney) where real Traffic Control duties are undertaken in order to be observed by our assessor and where they may demonstrate that they have the required skills and knowledge (this is the Final Assessment).
Assessment for Implement Traffic Management Plan Qualification
- Assessments are conducted throughout the course with a Final Assessment required after the training completion. Candidates will need to attend one of our real workplaces (by appointment – assessments are held up to 5 times a week in various locations across Sydney) where real Implementing of Traffic Control Plans are undertaken in order to be observed by our assessor and where they may demonstrate that they have the required skills and knowledge (this is the Final Assessment).
Results of Theory Assessments (conducted during the training component of the course)
You will achieve one of the following results for each Theory Questions
- Satisfactory – this means you may proceed with your course. If you did not achieve the required 100% then you will have to complete the questions at home after you complete your training (in order to get your SOC)
- Further Training Required – this means that you may (choose) to proceed with your training, however you will have to book in for another date to undertake further day training for a fee of $100. You may also simply go home and come in on the rebooked date. If you only require one of the two (theory or practical) then a $50 fee applies.
- Certificates (SOA/SOC/Photo Cards) will not be issued until all fees owing are paid and all requirements met. This includes the need to provide us with a valid USI (Unique Student Identifier).
RMS Photo Cards & Course Expiry
If you meet the requirements of each course, then you will receive a Statement of Completion (SOC) at the end of the day for each course.
- This certificate allows you to work for a period of 90 days as a Traffic Controller or Implement Traffic Control Plans (or both depending on your course).
- Your enrolment expires after 90 days.
- To extend your enrolment and thus get a new SOC(S) then a fee of $50 per course applies – this is waived if you have submitted your evidence (implementer course), it has been received and you are awaiting Final Assessment before the 90-day expiry.
- If you have not completed your Final Assessment (found competent) within 90 days of attaining your SOC then you will be required to extend your enrolment. You can do only this up to the 90th day after your training date (which is the course expiry). In this case an extension to your enrolment (and a new SOC valid for another 90 days) is available for a fee of $50 per course and your new course expiry will be 90 days from the date of issue of your new (2nd) SOC(s). You must apply for an extension BEFORE the expiry of the Relevant SOC.
- If you do not apply for extension within this time, then your enrolment will be cancelled.
- If you wish to re-activate your cancelled enrolment for another 90 days, then this must be done within 6 months of the original training date AND:
- If you have been working REGULARLY and you can provide evidence of this, you may re-activate your enrolment for a fee of $100 per course (you will get your second SOC) – must be done within 6 months of original training date
- If you have not been working or you cannot provide sufficient evidence of this, then you will need to undertake refresher training for a fee of $100 per course - must be booked and completed within 6 months of original training date (subject to availability)
- There will be no 2nd extension (3rd SOC) issued. You will have to repeat the course at the advertised cost.
- Evidence must be submitted in person or by post and must be received within the 90 days.
- Evidence submitted (Post attendance) may take 7-14 days to process – this means that if you submit evidence you will be contacted to arrange for Final Assessment within 14 days. You MUST make copies of evidence submitted by post – we are not responsible for losses in the postal system.
- You will be contacted by phone within 14 days of the date we receive your submission to arrange for Final Assessment.
- Evidence submissions must be complete and meet the minimum requirement – if the submission is not complete and/or does not meet the minimum requirements then this will be returned to you (or not accepted).
- If you submit by post then you are entitled to one free submission (where it does not meet minimum requirements), after which a fee of $35 is payable for additional resubmissions where required.
- Roads and Maritime Services charges $22 processing fee for your actual issuance of your photo card. Roads and Maritime Services require us to collect that fee on their behalf, as such the fee is payable before the end of your course and is in addition to the course fee paid.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn at all times. If you arrive without enclosed shoes, you will be refused entry to your course. No refunds apply. You may reschedule for a fee of $50. If you can have shoes delivered or arranged before morning tea then you will be allowed to do your course.
- Street parking only available at Kings Park premises. Parking within the unit complex is strictly off limits. If you park your vehicle within this unit complex, you run the risk of having your vehicle towed away. Any costs associated with this are payable by the vehicle owner/driver and will not be accepted by Licences 4 Work.
- Parking in the complex at Bankstown is available, however please do not park in front of the work wear shop or in any marked bays.
- Additional terms apply to On-Site Assessment (our sites). See below:
Assessment On-Site Terms and Conditions
On-Site assessment refers to where you undertake your Final Assessment for the Traffic Controller qualification or the Implementer Qualification on a site arranged by the Training Provider (Licences 4 Work).
- Assessments may be booked after completion of training and up to 30 days after training and must be undertaken within 90 days (before the expiry of your SOC).
- FOR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER - If you do not book an assessment before the 30th day, then an assessment fee of $50 will apply to have your assessment conducted on our sites.
- Assessment must be finalised by the 90th day, if this is not finalised then you will need to extend your enrolment for a fee of $50 (this will also get you an additional SOC)
- Assessment may take anywhere from 2 hours up to a full day and you should be prepared for this.
- You may also be required to move from one site to another at any time (this is the nature of Traffic Control) - you are responsible for transport.
- At times your assessment may start on one date and continue on another
- Your assessment details may change up until the time (2 hours) of your assessment (this is the nature of Traffic Control) - you will receive a text message with details of changes.
- You must be at the site 30 minutes before your scheduled assessment time. If you are late you will miss your induction and therefore will NOT be able to be assessed on the day and re-assessment fees of $50 WILL APPLY (no exceptions!)
- Park legally, look for your assessor 10 min before the assessment time - it is your responsibility to find the assessor and he will be located around 50 metres from the work zone (up or down the road on opposite side to works)
- DO NOT approach the work zone or the Traffic Controllers or supervisors or any other staff already on site for directions - you are to deal only with your assessor.
- If you do not turn up for your assessment, then you will lose ALL assessment fees paid and will have to repay the FULL assessment fee ($50) to rebook for assessment.
- Rescheduling of Assessment requires that the full fee is re-paid.
- If you are found "Not Satisfactory" by your assessor, then you will have to be re-assessed on another day. This means you have to rebook your assessment and pay a re-assessment fee of $50 in order to book for another assessment.
- You MUST wear - Safety Boots, Broad brimmed hat, Long pants and long shirt. If it is raining, we advise you bring a rain jacket (assessment may proceed in most weather conditions).
- You must have your safety gear as required for assessment (hard hat, safety boots, Long High Vis pants, Long sleeve High Vis shirt). YOU MUST BRING YOUR SAFETY GEAR, COURSE DOCUMENTS, YOUR SOC and YOUR VALID WHITE CARD (your assessment will not proceed unless you have met these requirements with you and FULL REASSESSMENT FEES WILL APPLY)
The recertification process is designed for you if you have an unexpired card (with more than 3 months remaining, or recently expired by approval/ application only), recent experience and can meet the evidence requirements detailed on our website (this includes undertaking some assessment online). Attaining your qualification takes time and as such if your current cards are going to expire within the next 3 months then you must contact us before applying for recertification. If you apply for recertification, then you have confirmed that you will be able to meet these requirements. If you do not meet requirements, then fees and delays may occur. The recertification process involves:
- Your enrolment and application confirm that you meet the requirements for recertification
- Submitting your current cards/licences / approvals including as a minimum – Traffic Control Cards (Blue or Yellow or Both depending on what you are applying for) and your White Card (or Statement of Attainment for the unit CPCCOHS1001A or equivalent)
- Submitting evidence of currency – This includes a completed Log Book that we will provide you / or an equivalent letter – showing that you have worked recently in a relevant role
- Providing minimum evidence from the workplace – This includes details of a minimum of 3 occasions applying the required competencies (including one controlling site construction equipment (if you are doing the implementer course) on 3 different projects
- Submitting 3rd party supporting evidence confirming that on at least 2 occasions you have demonstrated the skills and knowledge required – signed by a Manager / Supervisor / Team Leader
- Submitting at least 2 TCP’s and any ROL’s/Permits that have been implemented – (for the Implementers Course)
- Completing online assessments (available in print – contact us, a $35 fee applies)
- Review of submissions/ assessment by your allocated assessor
- You will be contact by the assessor to verify your identity and ask you some final questions to confirm your understanding – this call may take anywhere between 15-25 minutes.
- Your assessor may also contact your Manager / Supervisor / Third Party or come out to your work site to conduct an onsite assessment
- If you apply for recertification you have 90 Days to complete your online (or print assessments) and submit the required evidences, however if you don’t make complete all requirements within 60 days then this may result in not holding the required qualification for work and/or for assessment.
- If you post your completed assessments/ evidence, then we strongly advise that you take a copy of anything sent as we will take no responsibility for items lost in the post.
- If you do not complete this in the 90 days, then your enrolment will expire and you will have to re-enrol into another application
- If you require an extension then you may be provided with an additional 90 days, however a fee of $50 applies and you must apply for this extension in writing before the end of the first 90 day enrolment. You may only apply for this once.
- Your total enrolment may therefore valid for 6 months (if you extend your enrolment), after this time if you have not met the requirements you will have to re-apply for recertification.
- Once submitted evidence review takes between 7-14 days. If your card expires in the interim, we cannot assist you with this. If you submit your evidence after the 60th day, then your SOA may be delayed meaning that you cannot continue to work in traffic control legally until you attain your SOA (Statement of Attainment) and your SOC (Statement of Completion).
- Results of your submission (provided within 14 Days) / final assessment (results given on the day of Final Assessment) may involve one of the following
- Application Successful (AS) - You will receive your Statement of Attainment (SOA) and Statement of Completion (SOC) and we will lodge your application for a photo card if we have the appropriate photo and your USI and paid your Card fees ($22 per card collected on behalf of RMS)
- Further Evidence Required (FER) – Your assessor will detail what further evidence (documentary evidence such as log books and Third Party Report requirements) may be required to attain your SOA – you will attain this result if your evidence is lacking – your first resubmission is free, after which a fee of $35 will apply
- Further Assessment Required (FAR) - Your assessor will detail what further assessment may be required to attain your SOA – You will attain this result if your assessment is deemed unsatisfactory and requires reattempt OR IF YOU HAVE NOTIFIED US OF WHERE YOU WILL BE AND YOU ARE NOT FOUND BY THE ASSESSOR – a fee of $50 will apply
- FER & FAR - both applicable fees will apply